How can I register a brand name or a trademark in Bangladesh?
In Bangladesh brand name can be registered under the Trademarks Law which provides for trademark registration. The various steps involved in registering a trademark are:
- Searching for a unique and distinctive brand name;
- Filing trademark application in the relevant class (es) with the Registry- which can be done manually at the appropriate Trademark Office;
- Prosecution of trademark application and meeting of objections raised by the Registry i.e. examination of trademark application;
- Publication of Trademark Application in the Trademark Journal;
- If no opposition is filed within the stipulated period, the registration fee is to be paid for obtaining the registration certificate.
For further information on how to register a brand name in Bangladesh, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org